Employer:Galaxy Technologies 1111 Industrial Road Winfield, KS 67156
- Full Time
Job Purpose: Provide quality engineering service by designing blueprints for products. Employee will work under general supervision.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Communicates with coworkers and other departments regarding new jobs.
2. Provides costumer service by communicating with project managers/customers to optimize tool designs.
3. Creates and details blueprints for designs per Galaxy Tool Engineering Manual. Creates blueprints for customer’s designs if not supplied by customer or customer blueprint is not adequate.
4. Provides assistance to fellow engineers, project managers and shop personnel regarding questions about tool models and/or tool drawings.
5. Prepares for jobs by developing a bill of material for ordering material.
6. Ensures quality standards by reviewing current progress of jobs.
7. Becomes familiar with the quality system requirements as they pertain to the department.
8. Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Secures tools, materials and equipment at the end of the day.
9. Contributes to team effort by actively participating in team meetings including engineering meetings.
10. Provides assistance to coworkers and other departments including programming department.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of three years programming and machining or other related experience generally required.
2. Ability to sufficiently communicate detailed information to customers, coworkers and management using good written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, coworkers and management.
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, procedure manuals and job instructions.
5. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
7. Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
8. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
9. Ability to operate computer and computer software, to include Microsoft Office products and knowledge of design software (CATIA and ProE Preferred).
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.