Employer: Creekstone Farms; 604 Goff Industrial Park Rd. Arkansas City, KS 67005
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for the integrity of our purchasing and inventory process. The Purchasing Coordinator works closely with the Purchasing Manager, Vendors, Warehouse staff and all plant personnel. Administer everyday activities of all purchasing staff and provide training to staff to ensure compliance to GMPs and monitor all purchasing activities and design various cost-effective methods according to demands.
- Assist Purchasing Manager as needed with obtaining and evaluating all quotes.
- Coordinate with vendors to provide required component bids and analyze all vendor performance to improve and control cost through the purchasing process.
- Responsible for Inventory Accuracy and implement cycle count program.
- Monitor Min/Max quantities of inventory and adjust based on historical data.
- Maintains complete and accurate Purchase Orders (PO’s) for all orders and supply vendors with up-to-date PO information.
- Works with accounting to process invoices and to confirm that charges are coded properly.
- Research issues related to invoices not able to be paid.
- Establish and Audit 5s policies in warehouse with focus on visual order, organization, cleanliness and standardization.
- Reduce obsolete inventory levels.
- Receives and reviews requisition requests for completion and authorized approvals.
- Prepares purchase orders, obtains quotes and carries out related administrative tasks.
- Arranges and expedites freight for orders.
- Researches and assists management in the selection of materials, parts, equipment, and tooling items as needed. Provides information as needed regarding price comparisons, quality, availability etc.
- Processes and maintains purchasing records, such as costs, delivery, product quality or performance, inventory and usage. Maintains purchasing library and related catalogs.
- Investigate discrepancies between purchase order, receiver and invoice. Communicating and working with vendor, company management and appropriate department personnel to resolve issues.
- Will provide backup support to other team members to cover or assist in coverage, scheduling conflicts, etc.
- Support Purchasing Manager as needed to ensure Purchasing Policy verifications are completed and such policy is adhered to.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in purchasing. Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing procedures.
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools and methodology, strong quantitative, analytical and process redesign skills, along with the excellent project management skills are required.
- Lean manufacturing experience with ability to lead 5S projects.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at a time, self-motivated and pro-active.
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Microsoft Operating System and Office Applications, including strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work regular overtime as well as some irregular hours. Occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required. Occasional operation of a pallet jack and/or forklift will be required. This position is often required to stand throughout most of the workday and will also be required to use a computer throughout the day.
To apply, click here.