Employer: Creekstone Farms; 604 Goff Industrial Park Rd. Arkansas City, KS 67005
Responsible for the preparation and consolidation of Financial Statements and assist with the month, quarter, and year-end close process. This position will also perform ad hoc projects for executive management as well as assist with internal and external audits. Responsible for applying the company’s credit and collection policies and practices for analyzing customer requests for credit, minimizing the company’s financial risk, and maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Assists with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/Finance function.
- Reviews records of accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Works with Credit Manager to oversee the execution, administration and management of our credit and collections programs on our customer accounts.
- Performs accurate analysis of financial statements and researches commercial credit reports, trade references and credit applications to evaluate the credit worthiness of new and existing customers. Uses a variety of credit reporting tools such as Seafax (similar to D&B), industry credit groups, bank and trade references, etc. in this analysis.
- Provides assistance to ensure the security and integrity of the customer master file. Manages and oversees the maintenance and monitoring of customer credit files and automated systems data.
- Responsible for account reconciliation and the collection of delinquent accounts by contacting customers and investigating circumstances of non-payment.
- Reviews, approves and releases sales orders on an exception basis in a scheduled and time sensitive environment.
- Help research deductions and claims to determine legitimacy. Bill back when appropriate and follow up for collection.
- Monitor invoices sent through EDI (currently manual entry on various websites) to ensure customers receive data and invoices get processed for timely payment.
- Provides direction to department when Credit Manager is unavailable or on vacation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field.
· Minimum of 1-3 years as an accounting experience in a manufacturing environment and/or credit and collection experience in a small/medium sized manufacturing operation.
· Solid understanding of credit and collection laws, and bankruptcy laws. Sound financial, analytical, and decision making capabilities with strong business reasoning and negotiation skills.
· Candidates must have a proven track record in the collection of delinquent accounts and alternative solutions to selling to marginal credit risk customers.
· Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
· Detail-oriented, reliable and customer focused with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills and proven leadership abilities.
· Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
· Microsoft Operating System and Office Applications, including strong Excel skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
To apply, click here.