Employer: Creekstone Farms; 604 Goff Industrial Park Rd. Arkansas City, KS 67005
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee safety at work. Their main duty is to ensure that the company is in compliance and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines to reduce work-related injuries.
- Work with HR in the employee on-boarding process for safety.
- Lead and train the safety portion of the new hire orientation.
- Participate in the yearly review of lockout procedures.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of OHS policies and programs.
- Offer advice and lead employees on various safety-related topics.
- Prepare educational safety discussions on a regular basis to share with the management team.
- Assist department supervisors in the monthly safety training utilizing the Alchemy training system
- Conduct risk assessments of each area of the plant on a monthly basis.
- Assist the management team in the preparation and presentation of reports on accidents and violations and determine causes.
- Schedule and run the weekly accident investigation review meeting.
- Assist department managers and supervisors with the review of job safety training and the physical demand assessment process.
- Oversee workplace repair, installations and any other work that could harm employees’ safety and ensure work orders are completed.
- Lead the alchemy training and development for the plant.
- Participate in the company compliance audit program.
- Lead and manage the PPE hazard assessment process for the plant
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or two years of college coursework in Occupational Safety, HR, or similar field required. BSc/BA in Occupational Safety or similar preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA compliance.
- Proven work experience as an OJT Training Coordinator, Orientation Facilitator or similar role required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Professional communication and demeanor.
- Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner to employees.
- Excellence presentation skills and ability to foster an atmosphere of teamwork with others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience with writing policies and procedures for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
To apply, click here.