Employer: Cowley County 311 E 9th Winfield, KS
Cowley County Appraiser office has an opening for a Residential Supervisor. Applicants must be able to perform direct supervision of the Field Staff. Monitor production and performance levels for all Field Staff. Perform annual performance evaluations and quality control checks of Field Staff. Direct and supervise Field Staff in collection and compilation of all objective and subjective data. Perform analysis for the production of real estate values including land analysis, cost index, depreciation and market modeling. Develop and maintain Orion CAMA valuation models for residential real properties. Specific duties include maintenance of user security profiles, production of reports in response to public inquiry, installation and maintenance of yearly records of valuation parameters, libraries and tables used in Orion and assist Field Staff in yearly valuation and certification processes. Will supervise Field Staff in the final review of values in preparation for the mailing of change of value notices. Has primary responsibility to represent the County at the Small Claims level of residential and agricultural appeals at the Board of Tax Appeals. May represent jurisdiction as required in all levels of appeal, i.e. informal, small claims, State Board of Tax Appeals and upper judicial levels. Will meet with taxpayers and taxpayer representatives for the purpose of answering questions, verifying data and generally informing the public as to the purpose and function of the County Appraiser’s Office. May provide input into the annual budget process.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of mass appraisal experience or related real estate experience.
- Must have a comprehensive background covering all phases of appraisal including all three (3) approaches to value: cost, market and income.
- A professional designation such as CAE, RES, AAS, or RMA is preferred or the ability to possess a designation within two year of date of hire. In lieu of a degree, seven years of appraisal experience with an emphasis on residential mass appraisal will be considered.
- Must successfully completed the following courses:
- International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) Course 101 “Fundamentals of Real Property Appraisal”.
- IAAO Course 102 “Income Approach to Valuation”.
- IAAO Course 300 “Mass Appraisal of Residential Property”.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
This is a non-exempt status position with a pay range of $17.41/hour to $24.02/hour. Competitive benefits package will be provided by Cowley County. Applications may be picked up in the County Administrator’s Office or to download a County application please visit our website at www.cowleycounty.org. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail all applications by Monday July 29, 2019 to: Human Resources, Attn: Kristi Imel, 311 E. 9th Winfield, Kansas 67156. Cowley County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.