Employer: Columbia Elevator Products Co., Inc
7702 W Fifth Ave • Winfield, KS 67156
The Research and Development (R&D) Assistant will be responsible for set up and testing of new equipment in the elevator manufacturing industry. Examples of such equipment include door operator equipment, entrances and frames. This full-time position reports to the IT Manager/Electrical Technical Support/R & D Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate assembly of elevator product prototypes.
- Assemble and test elevator product prototypes.
- Document all prototype testing performed.
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel for best manufacturing practices.
- Work with motorization department and fabrication in the design of new products.
- Create and manage bills of materials for existing and new products.
- Complete parts lists for customer orders when necessary.
- Assist in IT with network maintenance, backups, user setup and support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Electrical aptitude preferred
- Able to use Microsoft Office products (Office, Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Must be very flexible to change
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to read and understand fabrication/assembly drawings.
- Offsite travel up to 5% may be required.
- Must have strong desire to learn
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Ability to creatively think outside of the box
Five (5) years of manufacturing, automotive repair or strong mechanical based experience
AutoCad experience is preferred
HS Diploma is required
Columbia Elevator offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes: Health, dental, vision, life insurance policy, short and long-term disability, and 401k savings plan. We also offer a generous time off policy to our team members.
Columbia Elevator Products designs, manufactures, and markets a full range of new and modernized architectural cabs, entrances and door systems, as well as modernization and replacement parts serving the commercial, LULA, and residential segments of the North American Elevator Industry.
Columbia is a customer-focused organization operating professionally, ethically and with the highest level of integrity. We pledge to deliver our products according to the customer specifications, with code compliance, high quality, on-time delivery and value-pricing.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectation to Cindi.Hulse@Columbia-Elevator.com
This posting will be open until position is filled.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS
Columbia Elevator is an Equal Opportunity Employer.