Employer; Western Industries, 22829 Smyer Rd, Winfield, KS 67156
Western Industries has been proudly serving the Custom Large Part Blow Mold Industry for over 31 years. Recognized as a leader in the plastics industry we produce some of the most recognizable consumer products on the market. We are looking for a Production Support associate to join our growing team!
Production Support Position Description –
The Production Support associate must ensure and maintain high quality job functions while working in the warehouse and in the production floor. This employee will need to verify that the production team has the necessary supplies to complete the production of the parts, and is responsible to clear finished product off the production floor in a timely manner to avoid congestion. The associate must be safety, quality, and waste conscious of all job functions. The Production Support associate must also be reliable and be able to work effectively with little direct supervision.
- Taking finished product from the production machine cells to the warehouse or trailers.
- Delivers supplies and fixtures to machine cells in a timely manner.
- Clears the machine cells at the end of a production run to prepare the cell for set up of the next production run.
- Oversees the warehouse areas.
- Ensures Items are stored neatly and safely.
- Ensures that the pallet pad stays organized and accessible.
- Ensures active items and fixtures are stored in the warehouse.
- Ensures inactive items and fixtures are moved to another facility until required.
- Ensures that all items are properly identified and stored in a manner that will prevent damage.
- Wraps product that require machine wrapping, per customer specifications.
- Communicates with truck support on required trailers and their movement.
- Look up part requirements and item information using a computer.
- Ensures that the rack poles match before delivering to production.
- Completion and abiding by Western forklift training requirements, as well as other employment policies and procedures.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and be flexible of job assignments.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be willing to continuously learn.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of forklift experience.
- Must have a recent stable work history of 6 months or more.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Standing and/or walking continuously during shift.
Extended periods of sitting on forklift.
Activities could include but not limited to climbing, bending, stooping and kneeling.
Work in an uncontrolled temperature environment.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Paid Holidays and Paid Vacation
Please submit a resume through INDEED or via email to email@example.com.