Employer: Community Health Center 221 W. 8th Winfield, KS 67156 (620) 221-3350
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Physician in this position provides direct and appropriate clinical care and treatment to patients in specialty areas as assigned. The employee in this position is responsible for and held accountable for maintaining patient/client confidentiality.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Comprehensive physical assessment; evaluating, diagnosing, and treating new and existing patient’s medical conditions.
- Initiating and interpreting labs and x-ray studies including CTs & MRIs.
- Performing medical procedures.
- Prescribing and referring patients for specialized consultation.
- Write/Dictate progress notes on patients’ charts indicating patient status and treatment procedures performed.
- Conducting follow-up patient care.
- Providing health education to patients and families.
- Supervising and/or coordinating the activities of patient care and support staff within the clinic.
- Teaching and training illness prevention.
- Actively participate in community health education.
- Performing emergency life-saving procedures in cases such as cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, massive hemorrhage, or similar emergencies.
- Are among front line medical providers in emergency disaster services.
M.D. or D.O. from an accredited educational institution.
Licensed to practice medicine in Kansas as assigned.
Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices in clinical areas assigned.
Community Health Center in Cowley County, Inc.
Revised: December, 2018
Demonstrated knowledge and success in effecting overall clinical operations.
Experience/Knowledge of JCAHO accreditation process and requirements, as well as all federal, state and local regulations and standards associated with the delivery of care in a community health center environment.
Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and emergency situations successfully
Proficiency in knowledge of office management, use of computer, software packages, and office machines
Occasional lifting of 40 – 50 lbs and pushing of 5-20 lbs
Sitting, standing and walking approximately 80% of the time
A medium to high level of manual dexterity required
Bending and reaching approximately 20% of the time
Normal accessibility and mobility throughout the region required
Normal overtime/extended work hours
Valid Kansas Driver’s License; use of personal automobile and certificate of liability insurance from automobile insurer.
Full-Time, Non-exempt, Salary