Employer: S and Y Industries 606 Industrial Blvd Winfield KS 67156
S and Y Industries, Inc. is seeking dedicated individuals willing to learn the skills to become a certified surface mount technology (SMT) machine operator. Must be able to efficiently and quickly load feeders, enter programs, set up support fixtures and prep multiple assembly lines, with the primary goal being to maximize robotic machine productive time. (performance of this duty may also include lifting up to 35 pounds.)
S and Y Industries, Inc. is seeking dedicated individuals willing to learn the skills to become a certified surface mount technology (SMT) machine operator. Must be able to efficiently and quickly load feeders, enter programs, set up support fixtures and prep multiple assembly lines, with the primary goal being to maximize robotic machine productive time. (Performance of this duty may also include lifting up to 35 pounds.)
S and Y is looking for full time operators to properly read shop travelers, follow production work instruction and sample assemblies, and receive verbal or written instructions regarding duties to be performed. In this role, you will also be responsible for providing daily status and process communications to your supervisor, Director of Operations, Program Management and Engineering.
Other essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Setup, program and operate assigned production equipment, including surface mount technology, wave solder and others, while achieving goals for quality, efficiency and productivity for production of electronic assemblies.
- Maintain feeders and load components.
- Monitor board quality, including – alignment, component placement, polarity, proper solder ability, and any other defects.
- Position, align, and hand-place components in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture or conveyance during sequential assembly of printed circuit board assembly.
- Inspect boards during operating cycles. Inspect solder paste and component alignment for accuracy.
- Identify defects in accordance with applicable workmanship standard.
- Report any quality problems and sort as necessary to keep the machine running.
- Troubleshoot and solve process problems, inspecting and recognizing SMT faults.
- Perform operator level preventive maintenance on machines, per requirements.
- Cross-train on other machines as necessary.
- Be willing to be flexible and able to work multiple shifts.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
What we have to offer: Salary ranges by experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read assembly drawings.
- Understanding of Bill of Materials.
- Ability to read and follow written processes and procedures.
- Must have some mechanical and computer aptitude.
- Must possess good documentation and training skills.
- Work with minimal supervision; Team oriented; Good communication skills.
- Have attention to detail and able to follow directions.
- Prefer the applicant have previous experience operating SMT equipment but will train if qualifications show they have aptitude for the position.
- Preferred Candidates would have the following but are not required:
- Prior work experience in the electronic assembly industry
- An understanding of Surface Mount Technology (SMT).
- Recognition of SMT machine components.
- Setup and operation of SMT line equipment.
ABOUT S and Y INDUSTRIES, INC:
S and Y Industries, Inc. is an Electronic Contract Manufacturer providing comprehensive electronic design, production and product management services. We help bring electronic products to the market faster and more cost effective by providing complete electronic product supply chain management. S and Y offers complete turnkey solutions from engineering to systems integration and order fulfillment. S and Y provides individualized, focused solutions to customers in a broad range of industries. Total customer satisfaction is provided through teamwork, defect free product delivery, continuous product improvement, and with just-in-time manufacturing.
S and Y will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation.
Candidates may apply by filling out application online at: www.SandYIndustries.com
Or at our facility:
S and Y Industries, Inc.
606 Industrial Blvd,
Winfield, KS 67156
Or you may send resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about S and Y Industries, visit our website at www.sandyindustries.com