Employer: Western Industries 22829 Smyer St. Winfield, KS 67156 620-221-9464
5 Reasons to apply to be a Machine Operator
- On the Job Training
- Earn up to 4 pay increase in the 1st year
- Great Benefits, including Health Care, Vision and Dental
- Located in Cowley County
- Advancement opportunities available
The machine operator is responsible for the production of quality parts by performing job duties at assigned machines in compliance with approved work instructions in a safe and productive manner.
- Releases part from the extractor, moving the part to the trim table and ensuring that no plastic remains on the extractor as it returns to the press.
- Remove flash from product using knife, hammer and hands.
- Place flash from the trim table to conveyor, minimizing potential contamination to the grinder and avoiding situations that may plug the grinder.
- Visually inspect the part for obvious cosmetic flaws. If part is nonconforming, it must be scrapped and scrap reported on Reject Log Sheet.
- Load the part onto pallet or into box, count parts, and stretch wrap the pallet for internal shipping.
- Between parts and/or when machine is down, clean work area as needed.
About Western Industries
Western Industries’ team is the foundation of success for our company. We are able to collaborate and work together to create some of the most recognizable products in the plastics industry. As a leading manufacturer, we strive to produce the highest quality parts for our customers. We work hard to help our members grow and develop skills together, so we can continue to grow within our community as well as our customer base. Every member of our team is essential in building on our 31-year-old reputation as a trusted name in the plastics industry. We continuously seek the best applicants to join our team. Western Industries is an equal opportunity employer.<br><br>We offer Competitive Pay and
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Things you should know about the company–
- Western Industries Inc. Plastic Products Group is a tobacco free facility which does not allow cigarette or chewing tobacco products. All tobacco products are prohibited anywhere on company premises.
- •Western Industries is a drug and alcohol free employer. New Hires must be willing and able to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Random drug testing will be used frequently to protect our business and our employees, as well as post-accident and for cause testing.
Apply via INDEED or in person at the Employment Center, 22829 Smyer Rd., Winfield, KS 67156, open 8:00am to 4:00pm