Employer: Southwestern College 100 N College St Winfield KS 67156
The Winfield based financial aid counselor is one of two positions in charge of customer service for Southwestern College’s residential campus population. Working as part of the Financial Aid Team, this position is responsible for ensuring seamless, consistent service from the point of inquiry through enrollment and retention of main campus students. This includes planning, directing, implementing and monitoring the timely processing of Financial Aid in accordance with the federal and/or state regulations and institutional policy as well as organizing outreach efforts to encourage completion of financial aid, face-to-face counseling and financial literacy education. Each counselor on the financial aid team has a primary area of responsibility and expertise in addition to their basic responsibilities.
- Organize outreach efforts to encourage the completion of financial aid files.
- Counsel students and parents on financial aid opportunities.
- Be sensitive to and manage security and confidentiality issues and situations.
- Coordinate with student accounts to assist in resolving financial issues.
- Conduct outreach seminars/information sessions for students and families regarding the financial aid process, programs, and financial literacy especially as it relates to debt management.
Financial Aid Area of Expertise
- Comprehension of the entire financial aid process from application to fund delivery.
- Provide financial aid processing support as needed to assist financial aid team.
- Package and approve the release of all funds according to federal regulation.
- Coordinate administration of private scholarship funds from external entities.
- Serve as the VA School Certification Official for the residential campus population.
Full-time, hourly position. Bachelor degree required. Emphasis in business or related field or demonstrated direct financial aid experience preferred. Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required for sensitive customer service duties. Computer (esp. Microsoft Office applications) and organizational skills required with an emphasis on being able to prioritize and manage tasks for completion while at the same time effectively handling customer needs. The qualified person must be able to resolve complex regulatory issues using subjective decision making skills.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and the complete contact information for three (3) professional references to HumanResources@sckans.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check. Southwestern College is an EEO/AA employer.