Employer: Columbia Elevator 7702 5th Ave, Winfield, KS 67156 (620) 221-3066
Environmental Health and Safety Manager Job Description
FLSA Status: Full-Time Salary Exempt
Reports To: Jeff Linot, Executive Director of Manufacturing
Columbia Elevator is seeking an experienced, proactive, and organized Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager to manage the health and safety programs for our manufacturing facilities in Bridgeport, CT and Winfield, KS. This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of site-specific EHS programs and for encouraging cooperation at all levels to create a positive safety culture and mitigate against injuries, accidents, workplace risks, and exposure to liability. This position will also be responsible for training peers and fellow employees in safety concepts, responsibilities, and safe work practices, as well as providing technical guidance, training, and inspection on risk analysis in the plant environment for staff to ensure compliance with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), Fire Code, Department of Environmental & Natural Resources, Insurance Companies, and Department of Emergency Management standards and regulations.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully implementing and maintaining effective EHS systems and processes and complying with OSHA standards in a relevant industry/environment.
- Develop, implement and maintain all EHS program, policies and procedures necessary for compliance with applicable regulatory and reporting obligations.
- Lead and build a positive safety culture, extending safety policies and protocols to all locations and securing buy-in and adherence at levels.
- Analyze incident trends and develop and implement corrective/preventive actions.
- Investigate and report all job-site related accidents, incidents and injuries.
- Manage worker’s compensation cases from date of injury to return to full and active duty, including filing all necessary paperwork and completing OSHA log.
- Develop Activity Hazard Analyses in compliance with OSHA and industry standards to minimize risk and job site injuries.
- Interact with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies relating to occupational safety issues.
- Provide all required reports and information to the Plant Manager in a timely manner.
- Prepare regulatory required reports for outside enforcement agencies.
- Provide regular reports to management relating to company safety performance.
- Train/certify power truck operators and aerial lift operators along with First Aid Team members in Red Cross specific training requirements.
- Perform site safety audits and inspections, complete comprehensive report of findings (including remediation/correction plan) and enforce compliance.
- Occasional overnight travel is required
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+years of relevant experience in workplace environmental, health, and safety program management.
- 5+years project management experience
- Safety Certification (s) preferred)
- Previous experience implementing OSHA standards required
- Preference given to candidates with experience in a relevant industry (i.e. elevator manufacturing).
- Excellent communication skills (Oral and written)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours when required
- Familiar with computer applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)