Employer: Mosaic, 2120 E 9th, Winfield KS, 67156
Apply: Apply online at https://www.mosaicinfo.org/careers/
This job carries with it the obligation to fulfill Mosaic’s mission of providing a life of
possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities. As One Mosaic, all staff members work
together to provide the people Mosaic supports with a meaningful life in a caring community,
ensuring they have a voice to share their needs and desires and to advocate for their rights. This
job also carries the responsibility to be a good steward of our human and financial resources to
create an environment committed to Mosaic’s values of safety, respect, connection and integrity.
Staff members are also responsible for demonstrating Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of
Leadership as it applies to their position. A commitment to this philosophy of services should be
demonstrated as job duties are performed.JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for training and assisting individuals served in various aspects of activities of daily
living, while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and
procedures. This position is also responsible for the health, safety and emotional support of the
individuals being served.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide training in accordance with the written program plan, covering all aspects of the
individual’s life as assigned and in compliance with company policy and procedure.
2. Monitor the comfort and safety of individuals served, while ensuring that the medical,
nutritional and personal care needs are being met.
3. Support people served to identify and achieve the personal outcomes important to them.
4. Attend and participate in the team program plan meetings as assigned and regularly
communicates each person’s progress with team members, supervisors, parents and/or
guardians, as appropriate.
5. Interact with individuals in an emotionally supportive and therapeutic manner, and
practice effective techniques for reinforcing appropriate individual behavior.
6. Maintain medical, social and programmatic files by recording each person’s progress and
documenting other required information.
7. Provide transportation and assist individuals with integration into the community by
accompanying them to social and spiritual activities.
8. Assist each person served with general housekeeping, meal preparation and laundry
9. Complete assigned cleaning tasks on a routine basis in order to maintain a neat and clean
10. Assist individuals in handling their money and finances.
11. Provide appropriate leisure time activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
2. Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership.
3. Basic knowledge of nutrition, housekeeping, meal preparation, personal hygiene and first
4. Skill in working with individuals with developmental disabilities.
5. Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner.
6. Ability to teach individuals with developmental disabilities.
7. Ability to read documents and written instructions.
8. Ability to write and maintain accurate records.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Ability to stoop, kneel and lift to complete assigned tasks.
11. Ability to use telephone.
12. Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude.
13. Ability to drive.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of three months of experience in a related field.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
**NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work
being performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. From time to time other duties
may be assigned.