Employer; Western Engineer, Western Industries, 22829 Smyer Rd, Winfield, KS 67156
Western Industries has been proudly serving the Custom Large Part Blow Mold Industry for over 31 years. Recognized as a leader in the plastic’s industry we produce some of the most recognizable consumer products on the market. We are seeking a Design Engineer to join our team of experts to support current operations and our growing client base.
This position is responsible for designing new and/or redesigning existing products and implementing them for the large part blow molding market. This person will provide both design and manufacturing engineering expertise and leadership throughout the introduction of the new products process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job scope includes:
· Provides engineering expertise in the following areas:
o Works with sales staff and customers to identify new business opportunities
o Design parts and assemblies for large part blow molding taking into account the requirements of the customer and the capabilities of the blow molding process.
o Review existing products and assess the potential to redesign to convert to blow molding.
o Prepares files and/or drawings for designed products to present to customers.
o Work with tool shops to build molds for new projects.
o Work with purchasing and outside vendors to supply parts and packaging for new projects.
o Asses need for secondary fixtures for products and either design and build or manage purchase of the necessary fixtures.
o Work with Operations to sample and begin production of new parts.
o Work to establish and maintain records in MRP system.
· Participates in product design changes.
· Must have good written and verbal communication.
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Proficient in SolidWorks or similar CAD system
· Product Design/plastic process knowledge (blow mold, roto mold, injection, etc.)
· General knowledge of mold construction
· Project Management – planning and organizing
· Communication Proficiency
This person will be exposed to manufacturing environments frequently at both our home facility as well as customer visits, resulting in exposure to extreme heat and/or cold.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is occasionally required to sit, stand, and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position may require travel via vehicle, airplane, and other reasonable forms of transportation.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline – preferred
· At least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.(optional)
Western Industries offer full benefits, including medical, dental and vision. 401k/w match and more.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com or call 620-705-5789 to schedule an appointment to apply in person at the Employment Center.