Employer: Creekstone Farms; 604 Goff Industrial Park Rd. Arkansas City, KS 67005
This position will be responsible for supporting & maintaining a new state of art Customer Order Fulfillment Center. This Customer Order Fulfillment Center will eventually handle the storage, inventory and shipments of nearly 100% of the daily boxed beef produced at Creekstone.
- These System Support Technicians will be responsible for the following activities at the new Customer Order Fulfillment Center:
- Ensure that all the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) is operating within the guidelines established by Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) & the System Integrator (SI) and to ensure that ALL
Safety Devices and Safety Systems are working properly.
- Provide support, troubleshooting, calibration, and preventive maintenance for all the MHE which is housed in a cooler environment (30 to 34 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Conduct daily observations & inspections of all the MHE. This includes following up and inquiring with each of the key Creekstone Operations personnel regarding each major Sub-System to collect their thoughts and observations regarding how
the MHE is operating.
- Learn how to correctly utilize & interpret the various WES / WCS / PLC / HMI & System Visualization Screens and Reports in order to ensure the daily “health” of the system:
- Establish a daily archive of the base line reports for future reference and analysis
- Scanner Read Rates
- Various Sub-System Fault Reports
- Planned and Unplanned Repairs
- Replacement Part Orders
- Hours of Operation Per Sub-System
- Report to Creekstone Management any MHE that is not operating within the normal guidelines and receive direction on the required next steps to return the MHE to normal operations.
- Work with Creekstone Management to establish the timelines and priorities for any repairs or corrective actions that may be
- Interact with the various SI Support Personnel (Internal & External) regarding any planned or unplanned System Changes /
Repairs / Corrective Actions that may be needed:
- Provide detailed descriptions of any problems that may be occurring
- Closely collaborate with Internal & External Support Staff to determine when Hardware, Software, Mechanical, Electrical or Controls Changes can be made and provide SPECIFIC feedback to them regarding the effectiveness of these changes
- Clearly communicate to Creekstone Operations when there is a need for a System Change and what the deficiency is and what
the desired result is from the planned System Change.
- Accurately document and communicate operational test results.
- Create graphical representations of daily, weekly, monthly system performance metrics & downtime.
- Make timely recommendations regarding possible technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or
performance of the system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- The ability to learn, understand, troubleshoot & support advanced control systems, which are highly computer-driven.
- The ability to learn, understand, troubleshoot & support the MHE that is made up of several parts:
- The mechanical system
- The sensing and actuation devices
- The PLC control systems and the PLC software functionality (NOTE: No PLC Programming Experience is required.)
- The WES / WCS Software functionality (NOTE: No Software Programming Experience is required.)
- The ability to maintain and make recommendations to improve automated processes
- The ability to work closely with several different engineering disciplines to effectively maintain and trouble shoot the new
system (Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Software)
- The ability to collaboratively “Problem-Solve”.
- The ability to become a strong analytical thinker in order to effectively and efficiently solve day to day problems.
- The ability to WORK SAFELY at all times per Creekstone Safety Standards and Protocols.
- The ability to work at times without direct supervision.
- The ability and commitment to provide excellent & accurate communication to all stake holders.
- Basic to advanced understanding of the following;
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s)
- Photo Eyes, Sensors and Scanners
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s)
- Solenoids, cylinders, and airlines
- How PLC’s & Computer Systems control per each major sub-system to effectively troubleshoot
- How major PLC’s, Scanners, Smart Devices & Computers are connected in the Creekstone Ethernet Network
- Bar Code Label Printers and Applicators
- 3 to 5 years plant mechanical maintenance
- 3 to 5 years plant electrical experience
- Training in vocational school, related on the job training experience, or an associate’s degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows
- Computer hardware and software troubleshooting a plus
- PLC programming experience
- Attention to detail.
**Positions available on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift
To apply, click here.