Employer: Cowley County 311 E 9th Winfield, KS 67156
Cowley County Administration has an opening for a Custodial Maintenance Technician. Applicant is responsible for the general and ground maintenance of the grounds and buildings such as Courthouse, North and South Annex, as needed. Also performs day to day operations of the County Cemetery. The employee in this position plans, directs and coordinates the activities in the maintenance, care and upkeep of cemetery facilities and grounds. This position involves dealing with the public and exercising considerable independent judgment as to the details of the cemetery operations.
Essential Functions for Grounds Maintenance
- Supervises care and maintenance of lawns, shrubbery, flower gardens, trees, and parking lots
- Uses fertilizers on bushes, flowers, trees and in gardens, as required
- Waters grass areas, shrubbery, flowers and trees, as required
- Requisitions materials, supplies and equipment used in maintenance work
- Sweep walks, rake leaves, cut grass, remove snow or perform other incidental seasonal tasks, as required
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
Essential Functions for General Maintenance
- Supervises and maintains buildings and building structures which includes:
- Exterior and interior lighting (change bulbs, as required)
- Electrical fixtures/plumbing fixtures
- Sweeps, mops, strips, waxes and polishes floors
- Dusts, vacuums and cleans offices or other work areas
- Removes stains from surfaces, such as rugs, walls and floors using chemicals and other cleaning solutions
- Patch damaged drywall including taping, mudding, sanding and painting.
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required
Essential Functions for Cemetery Ground maintenance
- Repairs and maintains cemetery equipment and grounds
- Sells and lays out cemetery lots and grave sites
- Maintains accurate and complete cemetery records and cemetery lot locations
- Works with funeral directors and families regarding funeral arrangements
- Assist the public in locating grave sites.
- Works with groups and advisory boards to coordinate events and Memorial Day activities
- Maintains or supervises the maintenance of landscaping, lawns and roadways within the cemetery
- Opens and closes graves
Must be at least 18 years of age, and possess a High School diploma or acceptable equivalent. Also must pass pre-employment physical exam, background check and drug screening test. The starting salary is $12.97 – 21.78 per hour, plus benefits.
Applications may be picked up in the County Administrator’s Office or to download a County application please visit our website at www.cowleycounty.org. Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail all applications to: Human Resources, Attn: Kristi Imel, 311 E. 9th Winfield, Kansas 67156 by Monday, November 25, 2019.
Cowley County is an Equal opportunity Employer.