Galaxy Technologies 1111 Industrial Rd Winfield KS 67156 620-221-6262
- Full Time
Job Purpose: Creates quality products by creating programs for CNC machinery. Works under general supervision.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and generates CNC programs for assigned jobs.
- Capable of creating 3D surface geometry. Patch holes and create support surfaces for tool paths.
- Ensures quality standards by following jobs through on machines.
- Ensures quality production by inspecting parts and tracking job progress, materials and tooling.
- Communicates job specifics with other departments and coworkers including program managers, programmers, and night shift. Communicates with operators to answer questions and provide prints, work instructions, job details, and programs.
- . Checks and verifies programs in Vericut when applicable.
- Checks prints to model and examines statement of work.
- Properly file programs and maintain file storage by backing up and archiving files and completed jobs.
- Becomes familiar with the quality system requirements as they pertain to the department.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Secures tools, materials and equipment at end of day.
- Contributes to team effort by actively participating in team meetings.
- Provides assistance to coworkers and other departments.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum ofthree years programming and machining orotherrelated experience generally required.
- Ability to sufficiently communicate detailed information to customers, coworkers and management using good written and verbal communication skills.Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, coworkers and management.Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, procedure manuals and job instructions.Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.