Employer: Southwestern College 100 N College St Winfield, KS 67156
The person selected for this position will be responsible for the care and supervision of the preschool students or school age students in the program. He/she is directly responsible for working closely with assistant teacher and the Director to ensure that continuity of care is maintained throughout the student’s entire day at the Center. This is a full time position.
Qualifications according to NAEYC standards require at least one of the following:
- Current Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
- At least 12 College credits in ECE, CD, ElEd, or EC Spec Ed.
- Working on or has obtained and Associates or higher degree in ECE, CD, ElEd, EC Spec Ed.
- At least 60 college/university credits with 30 college credits in ECE, CD, ElEd, EC Spec Ed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any area with at least 36 credit hours in ECE, CD, Eled, EC Spec Ed.
- Associates or Higher with 3 years of experience in EC or a NAEYC accredited facility.
The person for this job must have a strong desire to work with children. This person must have a warm, nurturing, and friendly personality, be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others, be able to relate well with children and be willing to fulfill his/her responsibilities in accordance with the center’s philosophy. Because childcare requires a team approach, this person must have a mature attitude that allows him/her to communicate effectively, problem solve and anticipate the needs of his/her fellow workers.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a letter of application addressing the requirements of the position, resume, and complete contact information for three professional references to: Director of Human Resources, 100 College St., Winfield, KS 67156 or HumanResources@sckans.edu . Southwestern College is an AA/EOE employer.