Employer: Cowley College 125 S. 2nd Arkansas City, KS 67005
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for processing financial transactions and maintaining accurate records for all student accounts and fiscal receivables.
- Insure student billing and fiscal money collected are accurately recorded and posted to the appropriate accounts.
- Insure all money collected is deposited in the bank in a timely manner.
- Insure all charges and credits on student accounts are accurate.
- Calculate and enter adjustments to student accounts, as necessary.
- Post charges and credits for books, tools, library fines, dorm fines, etc., as needed.
- Verify and receipt all information pertaining to scholarship awards requiring adjustment.
- Verify and receipt all Federal grant money to student accounts.
- Maintain complete and accurate student housing contracts and files.
- Prepare student housing billing and reports.
- Maintain and insure the security of cash funds used for daily office operations.
- Handle all related communications with third-party payers and students.
- Enter service charges, prepare and mail notification letters, process related payments or write-offs, and maintain records of all insufficient fund checks and collection accounts in accordance with College guidelines.
- Maintain records and insure computer hold flags are accurate for outstanding student accounts.
- Provide information and reports to students and internal customers for outstanding accounts.
- Coordinate the collection of past due accounts.
- Assist with 1098-T preparation and reporting.
- Perform receptionist, clerical and filing duties as required for the daily office activities.
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organization.
- Comply with all College policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Excel and
- Ability to type at least 40-60 words per minute.
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
- Ability to work and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Good communications skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work. Work well under deadline pressures.
- Excellent human relations skills. Ability to work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Understanding of and commitment to AQIP.
Required Education Background:
- Associate Degree in Business Management, Accounting, or related field.
- At least one year practical experience in bookkeeping.
- At least one year experience in a position handling cash.
Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; ability to move freely around the campus and outreach centers; ability to lift up to 20 pounds; ability to bend, stoop, reach and grasp as required to perform responsibilities; ability to drive motor vehicle; and ability to work on the computer for long periods of time.
Work performed in an office environment.
Cowley College is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Cowley College is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, or any other factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable law.
I acknowledge and understand that:
- Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind, and that my employment is at-will.
- The job description provides a general summary of the position in which I am employed, that the contents of this job description are job requirements and, at this time, I know of no limitations which would prevent me from performing these functions with or without accommodation. I further understand that it is my responsibility to inform my supervisor at any time that I am unable to perform these functions.
- Job duties, tasks, work hours and work requirements may be changed at any time.
- Acceptable job performance includes completion of the job responsibilities as well as compliance with the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the College.
- I have read and understand this job description.
For information Click here