Employer: Galaxy Technologies 1111 Industrial Road, Winfield KS 67156
WELDERS 2ND SHIFT
- Full Time
Job Purpose: Provides quality welding service by reading blueprints, performing fit-ups and lay-outs and creating parts and molds. Works under general supervision.
Essential Functionsinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Obtains information for upcoming jobs by communicating with coworkers regarding job specifications.
2. Prepares for weld jobs by setting up machines, tools, parts, and materials and performing fit-ups and lay-outs.
3. Maintains job quality standards by reading blueprints, verifying dimensions, and checking parts per print dimensions.
4. Performs welding and brazing jobs by assembling and welding various materials including steel and alloy.
5. Performs weld jobs, drills holes and cuts materials by operating Bridgeport machine, grinders, cutting torch, saw and plasma torch.
6. Creates identification tags for parts.
7. Performs maintenance on department machinery and equipment by repairing, cleaning, and/or replacing items.
8. Becomes familiar with the quality system requirements as they pertain to the department.
9. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations. Secures tools, materials and equipment at end of day. Verifies machines are turned off at end of shift. Secures building by locking doors.
10. Contributes to team effort by actively participating in team meetings.
Additional Responsibilitiesas needed.
1. Provides assistance to coworkers and other departments.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum ofone year welding orotherrelated experience generally required.
2. Must be able to TIG DC aluminum; and MIG steel.
Ability to sufficiently communicate detailed information to customers, coworkers and management using good written and verbal communication skills.
3. Ability to interact in a positive and professional manner to develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, coworkers and management.
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, procedure manuals and job instructions.
5. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
7. Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
8. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
9. Ability to read tape measure.
10. Ability to use hand and power tools.
11. Ability to use hoist and forklift.
12. Ability to use department equipment such as MIG and TIG welders, Bridgeport machine, grinders, cutting torch, saws and plasma torch.
13. Ability to use precision measuring tools such as I.D. and O.D. micrometers, calipers, and bore gauges.
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, kneel, climb stairs and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
2. The work environment is usually an indoor setting with occasional exposure to outside elements. The noise level in the work environment is frequently high. The work environment frequently requires the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) including hearing protection, eye protection and foot protection.