Employer: Western Industries; 22829 Smyer St. Winfield, KS 67156
To apply: Visit our employment center located at 22829 Smyer St. Winfield, KS 67156, or email your resume to email@example.com.
Western Industries’ team is the foundation of success for our company. We are able to collaborate and work together to create some of the most recognizable products in the plastics industry. As a leading manufacturer, we strive to produce the highest quality parts for our customers. We work hard to help our members grow and develop skills together, so we can continue to grow within our community as well as our customer base. Every member of our team is essential in building on our 31-year-old reputation as a trusted name in the plastics industry. We continuously seek the best applicants to join our team. Western Industries is an equal opportunity employer.
The employee must ensure accurate and complete shipping and receiving duties in the warehouse. Must be able to work with employees in the department, ensures accurate and complete shipping duties in the Warehouse; substitutes for other members of the Warehouse when necessary. Ensures performance of accurate and complete receiving duties in the Warehouse; substitutes for other members of the Warehouse when necessary. This employee must have safety awareness, must be reliable with little direct supervision, and must be quality and waste conscious. Employee must be safety conscious and must be reliable with little direct supervision; they must also be concerned about product quality and waste reduction.
- Visually inspect and sign for product.
- Label product and put it away.
- Receive product into the system.
- Notification of receipts and distribute paperwork.
- Pull product for production as required.
- Ship product as required.
- Off load transfer trailers from other buildings.
- Accurately fill out shipping paperwork for customer shipments.
- Communicates all problems, shortages or misplaced parts to supervisor; help resolve any work problems.
- Communicates with Truck Support personnel via radio for clearance of dock doors and for production needs.
- Maintain an organized and clean warehouse.
- Help ensure all items are identified with part numbers and handled in such a way to prevent damage.
- Able to safely operate a forklift, stretchwrap machine and fill propane bottles.
- Must be able to read bill of materials and know where to obtain them.
- Must be team oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and be flexible of job assignments.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be willing to continuously learn.
- Must have forklift experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Standing and/or walking continuously during entire shift.
- Extended periods of sitting on forklift.
- Activities could include but not limited to climbing, bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Company paid life insurance
- Competitive wages