Materials Support Specialist
Job Summary: Support site Materials organization by controlling the Min/Max levels and inventory at both Strother & Winfield Overhaul facilities. Update necessary system when quantities change on levels and send changes to Strategic Inventory Planner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Don’t forget to include type of office environment employee is working in and required time standing/sitting/ walking/lifting/on the phone/etc.
- Day Shift
- Office work, may be required to physical walk through shop/ warehouse
- Perform general office duties such as typing, operating office machines, and sorting mail
- Active listening and Time Management
Required Skills/Competencies: List the major responsibilities of the position in order of importance. State for each the impact of the responsibility on the department or group, including decisions that the position is accountable for making.
- Daily Administrative task to support Materials Organization
- Run Min/Max reports to order parts
- Create Purchase Orders for parts for both Strother & Winfield
- Run administrative reports as required/requested
- Add or Remove items on Min/Max as required
- Communicate Materials shortages when necessary
- Quarterly Adjustments of Min/Max quantities
- Work with Planners, Materials Leader & Strategic Inventory Planner to determine levels
- Manage reports verifying Freight and other charges are allocated correctly
- Work with both Materials & Finance for this function
- Support Strategic Planner as required with other administrative projects managing inventory.
- Work with GE personnel to produce process improvements focused on improved customer service
- Support Materials team as other functions/projects arise.
External and Internal Interactions/Management/Reporting Relationships:
- Interactions with team lead and with customers
Required Education & Experience: Indicate the minimum requirements for the job, including type of degree and specific work experience, years of management experience if required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
- Experience using database management software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing production schedule
- Familiarity with Lean principles and willingness to pursue process improvement projects
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Supply Chain
- Data Analytics
- Education Level High School Diploma/GED
Please email resume to: email@example.com